The voice, the pen

I have often noticed how, what one feels, another thinks. Why, then, should we not share those thoughts and feelings? It might make things clearer for all... Here, I am offering snippets on whatever gets me thinking, with the intention of sharing these moments with you, hoping for a dialogue of sorts. Whether a word, a sentence, a whole text, please, share.

Thursday 16 September 2010

When negative is positive

Sometimes, hearing something negative is a blessing.

I have had confirmation this morning: hearing about a negative result can make me want to dance and sing. There is no right or wrong in life. Just perception. I decide to perceive the good in the negative. I decide to expect to receive more wonderful negatives. I have lost my fear of negation.

I can see the plants outside, swaying in the wind. The summer is finished, and the holidays are over. It is time to stay home more, have less hours of sun and think of hibernating. It is time to plant what I mean to reap in spring, enjoy a good read and dream. I refuse to be cowed by circumstances. I cannot control the outside, but I can control the inside.

I am learning by inspirational example - amazing, grand, generous, and brave. Joy is the heart of Life! I had forgotten although I kept mentioning it. The negative has brought me Joy. And I am grateful.

I shall live. For me, and for no-one else. Not because I want to be selfish, but because it is my right to find greatness in myself, in my disappointments, in my negatives. And it is your right to do so too, without anyone living for you, stealing your experiences out of love, care, or protection.

A negative can be more than a new lease of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment